Artisan 5 Tip: Installing Artisan 5 for NEW Artisan Users
Artisan 5 is the newest version of our favorite digital scrapbooking software. If you haven’t purchased it yet, you are missing out on some great new features!
- Artisan 5 runs lightning fast
- Better content management
- Font manager
- Lots of new text options
- Every element can be edited
- More customization options
- The Quick Access Toolbar
IMPORTANT: ARTISAN 5 RUNS ON 64 BIT COMPUTERS. IF YOU HAVE A 32 BIT COMPUTER YOU WILL NEED TO USE ARTISAN 4.
INSTALLING ARTISAN 5
To install Artisan 5, double-click the Artisan5Setup.exe file you downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Click Next to start the installation. You will need to accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
You will be offered the option of installing Artisan in a location other than the default location. We DO NOT recommend that you do this unless you are very comfortable with the back end of computers. Just click Next.
When the installation is finished you will see this success message. Click Finish.
ACTIVATING ARTISAN 5
The first time you open Artisan 5 you will be given 4 options:
- Buy now! If you have downloaded the trial version, you can purchase the software. You won’t need to download it again, but will receive a product key to activate the software.
- Try it out. You can trial Artisan 5 for up to 30 days for free.
- Activate. Click here to activate your software (see below).
- Exit. To close Artisan 5 without activation click Exit.
To activate your software, click the Activate button. You will probably get a warning popping up as illustrated. Click Yes.
You will need to enter your product key. You will find the product key in the email you received from Forever/Panstoria after ordering. You can also log in to your Forever/Panstoria account to retrieve your product key. Copy the product key and then click the blue link (Paste product code from Windows Clipboard), or type the product key into the spaces.
Select either your current Panstoria account or create a new one and click Activate. You will need to be online to activate your software, but once it is activated you do not need to be online to use Artisan.
When you see this message, you are all done! It’s time to start scrapping!