Today’s Daisy Card I am using score marks to create a unique embossed look.
Score Marks Embossed Background Card Details
- Using the diagonal scoring side of the scoring board score your card base front with lines 1/2″ apart then turn the card 1/4 turn and score 1/2″ lines in a diagonal grid pattern
- cut Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper 4 1/4″ X 2 3/4″ and adhere to top of card base
- Cut to Lots of Labels, larger one in Old Olive and smaller one in Whisper White
- Stamp Happy Birthday on Whisper White label in Old Olive
- Adhere Old Olive label to card base and layer White label with dimensionals
- Adhere Flirty Flamingo ribbon to finish off card
This is another simple quick card using paper from the Delightful Daisy Collection. If you have missed the other cards I’ve made from the collection, click HERE to see them. I hope it has inspired you to make one for friends and family. Everyone loves to receive cards in the mail and especially a handmade one that shows how much you care.
I created this gorgeous Daisy Delight card using the heat emboss resist technique. It looks more difficult than it really is. There is an easy tutorial over on Craftsy.com you can find HERE.
Daisy Delight Heat Emboss Resist Thank You Card Details
- Cover 5 1/4″ X 4″ Whisper White cardstock all over with VersaMark ink in your favored stamp. I used three different stamps from Timeless Textures. Cover with white embossing powder and then heat to set.
- Use ink daubers and rub ink in a circular motion all over card then wipe off white embossed design areas. I used Old Olive, Peekaboo Peach and Dapper Blue.
- To create daisy first stamp large daisy on Calypso Coral cardstock then heat emboss daisy center using versamark and the daisy center stamp. Punch out with Daisy Punch
- The leaves are from the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper using Flourishing Thinlits
- And finally the Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Balloon Celebrations.
The heat emboss resist technique really gives that WOW! factor and is so easy to do. I can’t wait to try it on more of my projects.
I hope this card has inspired you to try the heat emboss resist technique on your next card.
This post is linked to:
Using a stamp is a great way to create a unique background on your card. Here I used the grass stamp from the Daisy Delight stamp set to create this whimsy background for this birthday card.
Daisy Delight Birthday Card Details:
- Pool Party card base 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Stamp grass at angle in Pool Party ink all over card base
- Stamp small daisies and stems on Whisper White 3 1/2″ X 2 1/2″
- Cut out stamped daisies with oval stitched shape framelit
- tie a bow with Daffodil Delight double stitched ribbon and attach to oval shape
- Stamp Happy Birthday from the Balloon Celebrations stamp set and cut out
- Attach Happy Birthday to oval
- Attach oval to card base using dimensionals
Fun Fact: Happy Birthday cards are the #1 card created and sent by snail mail.
I hope this card has inspired you to create a birthday card for your family or friends. #makeacardsendacard
All the items I used to make this card are available in my shop.