Do you want a creative escape but you don’t have a lot of time? You would love to make something cute and useful but it seems every time you find a project to do and pull out all the supplies you’ll need your time is up and you have to get back to real life.
Or maybe you have time and love to create but don’t always feel creative. Wouldn’t it be great if there was something that let you be creative without having to come up with project ideas yourself? Something that would give you fresh, fun and useful project ideas?
Paper Pumpkin says, “No more excuses! your creative escape is here”
With Paper Pumpkin you have everything you need in one box. You’ll get:
- An expertly-designed useful project
- All the supplies to complete the project, pre-cut and ready to go
- Step-by-step instructions (including a video)
- Something fresh and new every month
And now for new subscribers you can get June, July and August at 25% off the 3 month subscription price! Just enter the promo code STARTHERE at checkout to get your discount! Click HERE to get yours today.
I always love when my monthly Paper Pumpkin arrives in the mail. This month was even more exciting because Sara Douglass our CEO had created the kit with a promise of a free gift. I was NOT disappointed! Most of all, I love the bright new 2017-2019 In Colors with the black card base and free watercolor pencils gift.
After making the cards that the kit instructions described( see picture at top) I started to wonder how I could change it up a bit. You know, get a little creative! I got to thinking that cutting out the stars would be fun and I ended up with 4. Because the new Lemon Lime Twist color is prominent in this kit and it is also include in the Easter Palace Suite, I decide to use this Lemon Lime Twist designer series paper.
Finally, after moving things around a bit I came up with design. The steps to make it are listed below.
Steps for creating this Paper Pumpkin Alternative
- color the star embossed watercolor paper in color of your choice and blend with water and paint brush.
- after the color has dried cut out 4 stars
- cut a strip of designer paper 1.75 inch by 4.25 inch and adhere to bottom of landscape card base.
- cut a flag from the same designer paper 1.25 inch by 2.5 inch and a flag 1.25 by 3.75 inches from a coordinating cardstock. I picked Berry Burst.
- adhere washi tape included in the kit to the end of a white flag also included in the kit.
- stamp sentiment on white flag
- adhere the 4 cut out stars along the edge of the designer paper and the layer the 3 flags
- glue green sequins in a scattered pattered all over the exposed black card base
Ta-da! a beautiful card to give to someone special in your life.
If you have not subscribed to Paper Pumpkin and would like to, just Click the Paper Pumpkin below to find out how you can have a kit come to your home each month that includes absolutely everything you need to create beautiful cards like these.
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin today.
Thanks for joining me! I hope you have enjoyed this project and are inspired to create some bright fun cards for yourself.
Remember, always do more of what makes you happy,
This post is linked to:
Create Link Inspire
Coffee and Converstion